Summer is the perfect time to experiment with fun, colorful, and stylish accessories. The right accessories can take your outfit from drab to fab in seconds, giving you an instant boost of confidence and style. If you’re wondering how to accessorize your summer outfits, here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind.
1. Start with the Basics
Before you start adding accessories to your outfit, make sure you have the basics down. A well-fitted outfit that flatters your body shape is the foundation for a great summer look. Here are some basics to consider:
- Choose breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, or rayon for maximum comfort in hot weather.
- Stick to lighter colors that reflect sunlight rather than absorb it. Lighter colors like white, pastels and soft shades of pink, blue, and green are perfect for summer.
- Avoid overly tight or restrictive clothing that can make you uncomfortable in the heat.
- Opt for clothes that are easy to move in, like shorts, skirts, and dresses.
2. Add a Hat
Hats are not only fashionable, but they also protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. Here are some options to consider:
- Floppy hats are perfect for beach days or casual outings. They provide ample shade and look stylish when paired with a sundress or shorts.
- Baseball caps are a versatile option that can be dressed up or down. They look great with shorts and a t-shirt or paired with a sundress for a more casual look.
- Wide-brimmed straw hats are a classic summer accessory that never goes out of style. They can be paired with everything from denim shorts to maxi dresses.
3. Accessorize with Jewelry
Jewelry is a great way to add some sparkle and shine to your summer outfits. Here are some options to consider:
- Layered necklaces can add depth and dimension to a simple outfit. Mix and match different lengths and styles for a unique look.
- Statement earrings can add a pop of color to your outfit. Choose earrings in bright colors or bold patterns to make a statement.
- Bracelets and bangles can add some jingles to your step. Mix and match different styles for a boho-chic look.
4. Pick the Right Sunglasses
Sunglasses are a must-have accessory for summer. Not only do they protect your eyes from the sun, but they also add some style to your outfit. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose sunglasses that flatter your face shape. Round faces look best in angular frames, while square faces look great in rounded frames.
- Consider the color of your sunglasses. Darker lenses are better for bright sunlight, while lighter lenses are better for overcast days.
- Look for sunglasses with UV protection to keep your eyes safe from harmful rays.
5. Add a Scarf
Scarves are versatile accessories that can be worn in many ways. Here are some options to consider:
- Tie a scarf around your neck for a classic look. This works well with a collared shirt or a sundress.
- Use a scarf as a headband to keep your hair out of your face. This is perfect for outdoor activities like hiking or biking.
- Tie a scarf around your waist as a belt. This works well with high-waisted shorts or pants.
6. Experiment with Bags
Bags are both functional and fashionable. Here are some options to consider:
- A crossbody bag is perfect for hands-free convenience. Choose a fun, colorful bag to add some personality to your outfit.
- A tote bag is great for carrying all your essentials to the beach or pool. Look for a bag made of a durable material like canvas or nylon.
- A straw or woven bag adds a touch of boho-chic to your summer outfit. These bags are perfect for a day out with friends or a picnic in the park.
7. Don’t Forget Your Shoes
Shoes are the finishing touch to any outfit. Here are some options to consider:
- Sandals are the ultimate summer shoe. They come in a variety of styles, from simple flip-flops to gladiator sandals with intricate straps.
- Sneakers are a great option for a casual, sporty look. Pair them with shorts or a denim skirt for a laid-back vibe.
- Wedges are perfect for dressier occasions. They add height without sacrificing comfort, making them ideal for outdoor weddings or garden parties.
8. Mix and Match
Don’t be afraid to mix and match your accessories to create a unique look. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose accessories in complementary colors. For example, if you’re wearing a white sundress, add a pop of color with a bright statement necklace or a pair of colorful earrings.
- Play with different textures. Pair a woven bag with a flowy dress or add a pair of leather sandals to a cotton skirt.
- Don’t overdo it. Choose one or two statement pieces to focus on, like a bold necklace or a pair of statement earrings. Too many accessories can overwhelm your outfit.
Accessorizing your summer outfits can be fun and easy if you follow these tips and tricks. Remember to start with the basics, like breathable fabrics and comfortable shoes, and then add accessories that reflect your personal style. Whether you prefer a classic, preppy look or a more bohemian vibe, there are plenty of accessories to choose from that will take your summer outfits to the next level.