Dandruff comes as an unwanted guest and doesn’t leave sooner. More often than not it is the consequence of an oily scalp or sometimes not shampooing enough, but there is a scientific reason following it. A yeast-like fungus called Malassezia Globosa grows on scalp skin and feeds on the scalp oils leaving behind the irritating scalp, flakiness, and itchiness. Generally, it vanishes away if a proper hair care routine is followed. But not always, not especially when it gets worse, and often it does. Despite the embarrassment, the itchiness and hair fall take a toll on us. And we can’t let you suffer alone, can we?
So here we are, with definitive measures, better say homemade remedies, canceling out the damage that the harsh chemicals might do to your scalp.
These are the very basis of any treatment, be it skincare, healthcare to the general growth of a being, they excel and never let us down. We present you with some of the life-saving, wonderfully stimulating essential oils one shouldn’t shy away from.
1. The Noble Neem Oil: No wonder the pious Neem tree has been declared the “Tree of the 21st Century” by the United Nations itself. The antifungal and antiseptic properties it possesses, rank in its use in Dandruff Removal Treatment. While effectively curbing the aforesaid condition, it balances the pH of the scalp preventing its further formation and growth.
Method: Massage gently the diluted solution of the Neem and Almond oil on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes to one hour. Wash the hair using a paraben-free shampoo and repeat it at least twice a week for better results.
2. Coconut Oil: One of the very common oils found in every home is Coconut Oil. Other than using it for cooking or skin care, try exploiting its antimicrobial properties for preventing dryness, which is one of the major causes of Dandruff.
Method: Dab warm coconut oil for better penetration into the scalp and massage gently to let it absorb. Wash your hair later after letting it sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
3. Tea Tree Oil: Packed with the awesomeness of antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, it works miraculously in eliminating the causes and consequences of Dandruff.
Method: Be aware of using it directly on the scalp. Always dilute either with coconut oil or add a few drops to your shampoo and rinse off after an hour of application.
Other Tips and Tricks:
1. Aloe Vera: One of the versatile ingredients that can be used in almost everything, to cure almost anything, all due to the astounding properties it possesses. With the goodness of its antifungal properties, it assists in dandruff control and reduces inflammation in the scalp which happens to be one of the most common and irritating consequences.
Method: You can either use shampoos consisting of aloe vera or apply the gel directly and freshly extracted from the plants. Rinse it off after some time.
2. Lemon: An ingredient readily available and often ignored is Lemon. Being acidic, it works on the formation of the fungus, reducing the flakiness, itchiness, and overall further growth.
Method: Squeeze out some drops from a freshly cut lemon and dab some of them with the help of a cotton bud on the scalp. Let it sit for some time and then either rinse it off with water or add some drops of it in the water too. Amazing results await!
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Acidic in nature similar to the lemon, it also helps in a similar way, neutralizing the fungus formation and growth, while maintaining the pH of the scalp.
Method: You can either add a few drops to the shampoo or work your way in diluting it with other essential oils. Rinse it off later.
D for Diet: Nothing can beat a healthy diet to provide your body with every essential nutrient, especially Probiotics consisting of fermented foods like yogurt, buttermilk, cottage cheese, fermented pickles, and miso soup. It helps in fighting fungal infections and builds the immune system.
Try abiding by the above tips in case you are struggling with Dandruff. No problem is there to stay and with so many tips and tricks in the market, Dandruff is certainly not, too.
Which is your favorite Tip? Share your opinion with us.